Thursday, May 10, 2007

Man Utd Transfer Rumours 10/05/2007

What a drab game last night, but then we all expected that didn’t we. Chris Eagles looked lively and I for one hope that he breaks into the first team next season. I think the game only warrants 3 lines of today’s post so let’s move onto transfer targets!

The Independent carries on with the story that United are still very much interested in signing Eto. I have been thinking about this for the past day or so and I am in 2 minds. Yes he is a superb player, but does he have the right attitude to be at United? Would he and Ferguson clash? If they did we all know that there would only be one winner!

The Eto saga is complicated further in the fact that he recently sacked his lawyer and agent, meaning he now conducts negotiations himself. His erratic and volatile behaviour could be a hindrance upsetting the harmony of the club. If there is one man who could handle him though, it would be Ferguson!

But let’s look at the guys pace and skill. There is no doubt that he would score an abundance of goals, such is hi speed and agility. He would suit a real “footballing club” like Manchester United, where speed and slick passing are key! But £40 million? I don’t think so, especially considering he only has 2 years left on his current deal and no new one on the horizon.

The BBC talks of Freddy Shepherd’s anger at news that Owen could trigger a clause in his contract and leave for £9 million. To me that sounds like a chairman that is nervous, worried about losing one of his star assets. I think getting Owen for a knock down £9 million would be a shrewd bit of business, should Fergie pull it off. Sorry Freddie!

Owen is another player who thrives on pace. He has had 2 horrific injuries, but hopefull he can put that behind him now. It would be great to see Rooney and Owen link up week in week out, and perhaps it would help England’s chances too!

Not much else to report today, but as ever, keep posting if you hear any more news!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ptp