Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Manchester United V Roma match review and highlights

Well boys and girls, could you ever have wished for a more scintillating performance? I have to be honest I was nervous before the game. I could see us grabbing an early goal and then sitting back, only for them to equalise in the last minute…. I couldn’t have been wrong. 7-1.. yes 7-1 the players couldn’t have rewarded those fans that were mixed up in the violence a week ago any better way. It will have been a long walk home back to Rome!

It was a night when United were truly back to their best. Carrick and Ronaldo both grabbed a brace and it was fantastic to see Smith get on the scoresheet. I truly feel that his enthusiasm and determination lifted the team to produce such a miraculous performance. Other goals from Rooney and Evra rounded of Champions league history. Roma looked like a 1st division side such was our pace and accuracy.

Marlowe… I’ve just read your comment on the forum about me not posting on the blog since our defeat to Pompey at the weekend… very amusing. I have to admit it had put a dampener on my usually overly optimistic outlook for the season, but last night reminded me as to why I am a United fan and why I love my team so much. I don’t think we have anything to worry about, we still have the advantage in the league and have our place booked in the semi finals of the champions league and FA cup. Dare we mutter the words treble at this point?

Let’s look forward to Watford and then to Sheffield United in the league. All games are must win from her on in. I think it’s all going to come right down to the wire.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ptp